First Steps Toward Reading
- Toddlers love to count their fingers and toes, so show your little one how to touch each digit only once as you count out loud. Use them in context to count toes or objects, so they can eventually learn the concepts of numbers."
- Count the stairs as you go up and down, count while you're waiting for the light to turn green, and count the bubbles floating in the air.
- Count how many times you can jump to the mail box.
- Talk about shapes and their unique sizes and qualities.
- Skills Learned: Basic number skills, one-on-one correspondence skills, counting, basic math skills, problem solving, geometry, measurement, data analysis.