Why Information Books
Why information books are important
Children read nonfiction books to:
- Acquire information
- Satisfy curiosity
- Understand our world more fully
- Understand new concepts and expand vocabulary
- Make connections between their learning and their lives and interests
- Write information text for themselves
- Encourage oral language and vocabulary
You can help your child become more skilled at reading, understanding and using informational text.
Why read informational books?
6 Reasons to use informational text in primary grades
Building World Knowledge: Motivating Children to Read and Enjoy Informational Text