Growing into Readers
- Sing simple songs and recite nursery rhymes to show rhythm and patterns of speech.
- Singing stands apart from everyday speech and is very engaging to a child. Sing children's songs, sing along with the radio, or try singing phrases instead of 'talking' them.
- Have your child make up their own song with their own lyrics. Making up their own songs allow them to use their own voice, vocabulary and flair.
- Make instruments with items around the house (dried beans in a can for a shaker etc.) and have your child dance and sing with their new instrument.
- Skills Learned: Speaking, art, music, movement, pretend play, recall, listening and comprehension.