Here’s a list of great writing apps that help children along every step of the writing process. Writing is a complex process but we’ve found apps that help young children along all of the steps of the writing process, including ways to strengthen fine motor development. Several apps can turn your tablet into a handwriting practice.
- Interactive Alphabet - Positively, the BEST Alphabet experience from crib to kindergarten!
- Baby - A guided A to Z touchable tour (ages 1+)
- Explore - discover hands-on interactive letter toys (ages 2+)
- Sing - Sing along with letterbots! (ages ALL)
- Type - Match letter keys to type a word (ages 2+)
- Trace - Easy letter and word drawing (ages 2+)
- Customize - Add familiar pictures/words
- Shape-O ABC’s - Shape-O! ABC's is an activity for preschool age kids that encourages "learning by doing" by integrating puzzles, shapes, words, colors and sounds. It features over 100 inventive shape-puzzles and was developed in consultation with a PhD level education specialist.
- iWrite Words - Help Mr. Crab collect the numbered balls by dragging him with your finger - and drawing the letter at the same time. Once all the letters in the word are drawn properly, a cute drawing appears. Slide the letters into the spinning hole and advance to the next level.