Early Childhood Educators & Providers
Strategies to Nurture Reading
- Field trips to the Main Library develop that early love for the library. Age-appropriate tours are available. Your children might be surprised to find out there are more than books at their library! Call to schedule (248-232-2250).
- Age-appropriate outreach visits to your room or facility in West Bloomfield are available. Call to schedule a visit (248-232-2250) where your children will experience a balanced literacy program with books, puppets, songs, and movement.
- Teacher trainings and workshops for early childhood educators in West Bloomfield Township provide enrichment and support the annual clock hours of professional development required by the State of Michigan. Topics focus on children ages birth to five years. Sign up to receive the early childhood educator e-newsletter or contact Emily Vickers (248-232-2263) for more information.
- Set the example for your children and become a patron with a Teacher Library Card. Call the library (248-232-2250) for more information and an application.
- The library compiles booklists to support all domains of development at the appropriate age. They are: 60 Books for Babies; 75 Best Books for Young Children; Counting the Days 'til Kindergarten; 100 Books to Read in Kindergarten; 100 More Books! These are available to all West Bloomfield learning environments.