Disclaimer: **Library services may vary. Available services are in alignment with the current restrictions and safety precautions.
- Field trips to the Main Library develop that early love for the library. Age-appropriate tours are available. Your children might be surprised to find out there are more than books at their library! Call to schedule (248-232-2250).
- Outreach visits to your classroom or facility within West Bloomfield or contract communities are available. To schedule an outreach visit call the Youth Services Department. (248-232-2250). Outreach visits include an interactive storytime with books, songs, fingerplays and movement while promoting early literacy skills to your students.
- The Library offers professional development for early childhood educators that emphasizes enrichment and professional growth through a variety of topics. Sign up to receive the Early Childhood Providers Resource e-newsletter. The e-newsletter provides articles, book suggestions and resources to promote early learning in a variety of ways.
- Set an example for your students and become a patron with a Teacher Library Card. There are amazing benefits to having a Teacher Library Card. Teacher card information:
- A Teacher Card is an annual library card, good from September-August (re-apply every year)
- Check out materials for classroom use (Limit of 50)
- Place holds or interlibrary holds for classroom materials.
- Teachers can email or call in advance to have selected items put on hold for classroom use. (theme related books, non-fiction or classroom favorites are always good for holds)
- The library compiles booklists to support all domains of development at the appropriate age. They are: 60 Books for Babies; 75 Best Books for Young Children; Counting the Days 'til Kindergarten; 100 Books to Read in Kindergarten; 100 More Books! These are available to all West Bloomfield learning environments.
- Do you want to know what is going on specifically for early childhood educators? Sign up for our eNewsletters to see what everyone is talking about at the library. There is a newsletter specifically to you!